Last modified: January 19, 2017
There are many different ways you can use our Services - to manage labor, to manage fields, to record or project production, and to process payroll. As you use our Services, we want you to be clear how we're using information and the ways in which you can protect your privacy.
- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information.
- We've tried to keep it as simple as possible, but if you're not familiar with terms like cookies, IP addresses, browsers, then read about these key terms first. Your privacy matters to us so whether you are new to FieldClock or a long-time user, please do take the time to get to know our practices - and if you have any questions contact us.
Information we collect
We collect information to provide better Services to all of our users - from figuring out basic stuff like which language you speak, to more complex things like determining which farm you are currently located at.
We collect information in the following ways:
- Information you give us. For example, many of our Services require information about you or other people in your company in order to work properly. This information may include details such as names, employee ids, and photos you or other people in your company.
Information we get from your use of our Services. We collect information about the Services that you use and how you use them, like where you are located when using our mobile app, or what time zone you are located in when using our website.
This information includes:
We collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, and unique device identifiers). FieldClock may associate your device identifiers with your FieldClock Account.
When you use our Services or view content provided by FieldClock, we automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This includes:
- details of how you used our service, such as which jobs you view.
- Internet protocol address.
- device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL.
- cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your FieldClock Account.
When you use FieldClock Services, we may collect and process information about your actual location. We use various technologies to determine location, including IP address, GPS, and other sensors..
We may collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches.
Cookies and similar technologies
We and our partners use various technologies to collect and store information when you use a FieldClock service, and this may include using cookies or similar technologies to identify your browser or device.
Information we collect when you are signed in to FieldClock, in addition to information we obtain about you from partners, may be associated with your FieldClock Account. When information is associated with your FieldClock Account, we treat it as personal information.
How we use information we collect
We use the information we collect from all of our Services to provide, maintain, protect and improve them, to develop new ones, and to protect FieldClock and our users. We also use this information to offer you tailored content - like showing jobs applicable to your current location.
As part of the Services, we share some of the information we collect with other users of other FieldClock Accounts that are associated with yours. For example, through the Services, account administrators will have access to productivity, location, and other information of employees.
When you contact FieldClock, we keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about our Services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements.
We use information collected from cookies and other technologies to improve your user experience and the overall quality of our Services. For example, by saving your language preferences, we'll be able to have our Services appear in the language you prefer.
FieldClock may process personal information on servers in different countries around the world. We may process your personal information on a server located outside the country where you live.
Information we share
Except as described above, we do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of FieldClock unless one of the following circumstances applies:
With your consent
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of FieldClock when we have your consent to do so. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
For external processing
For legal reasons
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of FieldClock if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of FieldClock, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners - like publishers, advertisers or connected sites. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our Services.
We work hard to protect FieldClock and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- We encrypt many of our Services using SSL.
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- We restrict access to personal information to FieldClock employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.